Usagi Sailor Moon - Link Select

2011-11-23

Wedding Belle in Hakata

I was at the wonderful Kushida Shrine in Hakata (on a work-related outing actually!) on a rainy Saturday morning last week, when I saw not one but two wedding parties assembled for photographs. I only managed to get a couple of shots, however, and from quite far away so as not to be too invasive. Here are some sneaky pictures I managed to take of one of the beautiful brides, dressed in traditional Japanese wedding attire...



Up close, the detail which fascinated me the most was her hairstyle. I don't know if my words can do it justice, so I found some images on the internet (from here) to show you what traditional Japanese wedding hairstyles are like. Someone I was with said that it was most likely a wig, but either way I still think it is completely beautiful....


Sigh!
x

0 comments: